NIELIT has designed this CCC Online Course to educate a common man by creating a Basic Level IT Literacy programme so that the candidates after completing the Course on Computer Concepts can be able to use his/her knowledge for their daily life basic purposes.
This course was started by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology in order to increase the Literacy rate in our country. It is a beginner level examination on the subject of the Computers and its applications. This course is currently running in many institutions as they all are authorised by the NIELIT with a unique Identity number to each institute.
In this article, we will know about the syllabus of the Course on Computer Concepts (CCC) and the Examination Pattern of the CCC Course for those candidates who completed the Course.
Syllabus of CCC
The below lists are the topics and subjects which are covered under this Course. This course can be completed as the 10-days intensive course if you want to. A decent level of English language is requisite as the course or the certification of the Course is based on the Basics of Computer Concepts.
There are about 9 Modules in this course, which are listed in an order as per given in the official NIELIT portal.
Module -1. Introduction to Computer:
- What is Computer?
- Concepts of Hardware & Software
Module – 2. Introduction to Windows:
- Control Panel Usage
- Setting up of Wallpapers
- Setting Date & Time etc.
Module – 3. Operating Systems:
- Basics of Operating System – Linux, Windows
- The User Interface
- Operation System Simple Setting
Module – 4. Elements of Word Processing:
- Word Processing Basics
- Opening and Closing Documents
- Text Creation and Manipulation
- Formatting the Text
- Table Manipulation
Module – 5. SpreadSheet:
- SpreadSheets Basics
- Elements of Electronic Spreadsheets
- Manipulation of Cells
- Function and charts
Module – 6. Introduction to Internet, WWW and Web Browsers:
- Internet, www and Web Browser basics
- Basics of Computer Networks
- Services on Internet
- Preparing Computer for Internet Access
- Web Browsing Software
- Search Engines
Module – 7. Communication and Collaboration:
- Basics of Communication and Collaboration
- Basics of E-mail
- Using e-mails
- Advance e-mail Features
- Instant Messaging and Collaboration
Module – 8. Application of Presentation:
- Basics of Application of Presentation
- Creation of Presentation
- Preparation of Slides
- Providing Aesthetics
- Presentation of Slides
- Slide Show
Module – 9. Application of Digital Financial Services:
- Basics of Application of Digital Financial Services
- Why Savings are needed?
- Drawbacks of keeping cash at home
- Why Bank is needed?
- Banking Products
- Documents for opening Accounts
- Banking Service Delivery channels
- Various Schemes
- Social Security Schemes
- Bank on your mobile
These are the nine modules we were discussing in the above section of the article. These are the modules in the course and the concepts covered by each and every module are also categorised below each module.
CCC Examination Pattern
The CCC Examination pattern will be conducted by the NIELIT itself as per the calendar of the events 2018 to 2019 which can be available in the official portal. The following are the instructions and guidelines which are to be followed during the CCC Examination.
- This CCC Test consists of 100 Multiple choice questions awarding one mark each.
- The applicant has to attempt 100 questions in 90 minutes of a time period.
- There will be no negative marking in case of a wrong answer.
- The candidate has to score at least 50% of marks out of 100 to qualify.
All the other details regarding the CCC Examination pattern can be found in the official portal of the NIELIT or you can also find those on the Student-NIELIT website i.e, http://student.nielit.in.